and the collision of your kiss

Sunday, October 30, 2005

tingting u have bling bling!

I absolutely love rings. I adore them. So when my sister gave me a ring a week ago, I was overjoyed. I've been wearing it ever since because I really really like it. I think my taste in general is quite different from everyone else's. So, it wasn't surprising that quite a few people's eyes bulged out when they saw me wearing the ring. It wasn't even uncommon for them to exclaim "wow, oh my gosh". But there were quite a few as well who thought my ring was really cute. But it wasn't until today that I received the funniest comment of all.

I was walking to LSE on my way for netball practice (1 hour late because SOMEBODY didnt call me to wake me up) and the streets were really quiet. I got to school and the 2 security guards at the reception asked me to show them my ID. I fished out my wallet from my bag and started fumbling around for my LSE ID card. As I was doing this, this is the conversation that took place

*security guard's eyes bulged (common reaction)*
security guard: that is one heck of a ring
me: haha, erm....thanks? :)
security guard: it must have cost a bomb!
me: huh? what do u mean? *dumbfounded expression*
security guard: That ring is encrusted with diamonds. *and he proceeds to touch my ring*
me: *mouth hangs open* it isn't real, it's just cosmetic jewellry
security guard: (who obviously didn't hear me) jeez....that's some ring.
me: *tries hard to stifle a laughter*.... ok thanks.

ok, before i go on any further, I'm sure you guys wanna know how the ring looks like right?

tadaa!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
nice? it's supposed to be a rose

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I think it looks nice on my hand as well! suits me.... =)

yeah but anyway, how could he have thought that it was real? I bet he thought that I was wearing some serious bling bling. haha. I hope no one else thinks that it's real. It would be a little vulgar if it was made of real diamonds.

In case you guys are wondering, it was 1.99 pounds on ebay. Shipping charge 1 pound. Go get your own! :)

6 Comments:

  • At 2:54 AM, Blogger ad said…

    lol, it was chomp chomp oyster omelettes!! betcha don't get any there. and haha, that's a really funny story involving a really nice ring.

    yeah, i miss the rj times too! all that walking around the track and ranking the guys in class and "what's the time"ing and looking into a certain classroom on tuesday toilet breaks =)))

    hopefully when you're back i'll get a bf too and THEN we'll have even more things to talk about. HAHAHA.

    take care!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the big ring is nice... but the one on your thumb is nicer! i like the one on the thumb more!

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger lilin said…

    can you PLEASE not make it sound like YOU found it on eBay. disgusting you know.

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Ting Lin said…

    hahaha. i didn't! i said in the first paragraph that my sister gave me the ring! READ CAREFULLY JIE.

    AD: hey!!! haven't heard from you in awhile. thanks for visiting! omg, u can actually remember those times! i miss them. I remember the adrenaline rush i used to have after secretly looking into the window. And the "what's the time" times were hilarious. I really had such a good time with u back then.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ting, u nv reply my emails... i must complain... complain...btw nice ring... i like it ... good taste

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ting haha can you please stick a note on your forehead that says "my ring is fake so please don't be so dumb as to (insert violent act here) me and steal it!" ((: it looks pretty real to me yea! haha. glad you're having fun there girl..

    *mich.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home