and the collision of your kiss

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Yonex All England Championships

This weekend marked the first trip of 2006. I hopped on the coach at the crack of dawn and took the 3hour bus ride to Birmingham to watch the 'Yonex All England Championships'. It was well worth the long, bumpy trip up as it was no short of exhilarating. I had a chance to watch the famous Lin Dan and the robertson&emms doubles team play.

The Lin Dan vs lee chong wei (China vs Malaysia) match was, by itself, worth the money and the effort. Oh my gawd, my heart was in my mouth the whole time, and it wasn't until the rubberset that I realised my whole body was all knotted and tensed up in excitement. I may have actually let out a few squeals here and there. But, WHOA, it was amazing. The best badminton game I've ever watched!

But besides badminton, I adore Birmingham. It's such a nice small city, very clean, relatively safe and there's a really sweet canal that passes through the city. Nothing as nice as the canals in Venice, but still, it's very refreshing and nice.

Pictures will be up soon.

I'm exhausted. I'm gonna collapse on my bed and watch 'fight club' now. yay. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home