and the collision of your kiss

Friday, January 13, 2006

wait...

I just read some of the LSE Singaporean's blogs. I realised that there's a common factor amongst all of them - Weight. I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb, so I'm gonna join the ranks of the other LSEingaporeans and talk about weight.

I hate to say this, but my loose pair of jeans is no longer loose. I used to be able to fit both my hands into my jeans while wearing them, but now, I don't even need to wear a belt to hold them up! When I first tried them on after my month long food indulgent holiday, it was so tight. I secretly hoped that my maid had put them into the dryer after washing and it shrunk. But now, I'm pretty sure that's not the case. damn.

Nevermind, forget about the dumb jeans. I can't wear any of my clothes I bought 10kg ago. *groan*. All I can say is, thank God for Shruti's intervention. Yes, we're embarking on a new diet plan which involves jogging/brisk walking along river thames, yoga and healthy eating. But one thing's a no no, deprivation. I'm not going to deprive myself of sugar and carbohydrates, I still need to live a little :)

Today was quite an achievement. I walked out of sainsbury without any chocolate mcvities, chocolate cornflake clusters or crisps. Instead, I had 2 grocery bags filled with white grapes, clementines, iceberg lettuce, slices of honey cured ham, jam and bread. *beam* Not to mention, I must have definitely burned some calories lugging those 2 healthy grocery bags home. I've already scoffed down 6 clementines (the last 2 tasted pretty weird) while typing this entry.

Hmm, if ever I lack the motivation to lose (or at least maintain) weight, my mom will always be there to remind me of my fatness. She's coming up this march with the rest of the family and she's gonna extend for another week (to cook for me!) while the rest go back. She just sent me a text message that said

" Don't forget to watch what you eat. If you look bigger in march, I won't extend my stay!"

Aw, isn't my mom sweet.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awww ting ... ull always be beautiful!! :)
    lookng fwd to exercising with u!!

     
  • At 4:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    btw u r so lucky to have ur family come out here!! (AND to have someone cookg for u!!!!!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home