and the collision of your kiss

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Holiday mood

I've been so exhausted the last few days from all the necessary shopping i've been doing. Plonked on my bed last night, slept like a log, and woke up in the same position I slept in. Feel fully recharged now and ready for another round of shopping!

I love the fact that I'm on holiday right now while the rest of singapore isn't. I have the whole of orchard road practically to myself while everyone's at work or school. I don't have to queue up to enter a dressing room or wait to pay at the cashier or jostle my way through a crowd or smell someone's pungent perfume.

Even though I know my holiday is going to end soon, it doesn't feel that way. It just feel as though I'm embarking on a new holiday. An adventure. I don't know how long the novelty of studying in London will last, but it feels good not to dread going back to school. I'm excited about attending lectures and classes, about deciding what option to take for my first year, about piecing together an essay.

This holiday has been wonderfully relaxing and all. But I miss having a purpose in life other than enjoyment and fun. I want to feel fulfilment from accomplishment, I want challenges to propel me forward and let me know what I'm capable of.