and the collision of your kiss

Friday, July 29, 2005

tell me something new...

It seems like most people have moved on with their lives. Guys are in NS. Girls are busy moving into their dorms, choosing modules, attending orientation. I on the other hand havent quite moved on yet. I'm still stuck in my old slacking habits. Waking up past noon, watching E!, shopping, slacking, baking. Minus school, not much has changed for me over the past 2-4 years. The only difference in my life are the people. Some friends have come and gone, some wonderful old friends have stayed in my life. I have been somewhat resistant to change.

But now, I'm filled with a sense of eagerness to dive into my books, make new friends, experience a change of environment, immerse myself in a different culture etc.

Hopefully this monotony will vanish once my sister comes back. hah, preperations have already begun for her return. I just went to the market this morning to buy some crispy peanut pancakes for her. Bought a whopping 40! the wait was excruciatingly long..45 minutes.

while i was there, I found out that Singaporeans actually eat really heavy breakfasts! some of the things i saw were

-vegetarian beehoon packed with liao like luncheon meat and cabbage
-prawn noodles
-some white beehoon with orange sugar?
-mee rebus

It's quite nauseating to see people eat such things in the morning. I thought breakfast was stuff like toast, muffin, cereal, curry puff? Maybe I'm the one who's crazy...