and the collision of your kiss

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A huge congratulations to my grandfather who has recently quit smoking! He's been smoking since he was 17. Now, at the ripe old age of 80, he's decided to give his lungs a break. Finally, after 63 years! Better late than never. (Jie, Xiang, and any other family member who reads my blog, can u believe it?!)

on a less thrilling note, someone else I love has picked up smoking.
It is very easy for me to look at strangers on tv or along the street puffing away. I just shrug and say 'if it doesn't bother them, it doesn't bother me'. It's very easy to play it cool and act open minded when it's someone u don't give a fuck about.Hell, I've defended people who smoke. I've snapped at "intolerant" people. I voted for the bankside bar to permit smoking.

I recall lighting a cigarette and wedging it between my lips, deliberating whether to take that first puff. In the end, i stubbed it out and washed the tabacco off my hands. Like I was saying, it's different when it comes to yourself and people u love.

Playing with your stained fingers, I couldn't help but notice that unfamiliar odour you carried. And as I lay my head against your chest, I remembered the times where I would rub my nose into your lightly perfumed shirt and tell you how good you smelled. My heart ached.

Still, I will never tell you what you should do with your life.

Image hosting by Photobucket