and the collision of your kiss

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Oatmeal prawns

The day started out not very promising but somehow morphed into something surprisingly pleasant and interesting.

I'm not afraid to admit that this morning/afternoon, i was suffering from really bad PMS. My mood was swinging even more than...um...a monkey? The heat made me irritable, ballads made me sad, noise made me angry. Even the lizard on the wall triggered off some anger within me. I didn't stay that way for too long though. Amy has this habit of saying the silliest things when I'm upset to make me laugh.

Anyway, i MUST rave to all you guys about the food at the nosignboard restaurant. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. The seafood there is amazing, especially the oatmeal prawns. yum yum yum. I would love to go into great detail, but I had just a little too much to eat so talking about them right now would be like inducing vomit.

When i was there chomping away (mee goreng, black pepper crab, oatmeal prawns and sambal kangkong), the police showed up across the street. Amy said that they were doing a raid on the prostitutes. I saw them earlier on in the night and i was really scared and curious at the same time. I have never seen so many prostitutes line the streets of Geylang before! There was an area for indonesians, thais, chinese, gays and transvestites. I kept imagining them hitting the streets every night wearing the same sad pink dress, with their faces smeared with makeup and skin soaked in cheap perfume. That thought made me really sad.