and the collision of your kiss

Monday, November 21, 2005

road trip!!!

Saturday was my long anticipated trip to oxford. Jesse, bernita and I took the 100 minute bus ride up. The day didn't start out very promising...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I had 1.5 hours of sleep the night before, the weather was extremely foggy and cold, sand not to mention, I was having an extremely bad hair day. I had to tame the mane by tying up all my hair.

But as things progressed, the day started looking up. We came across this beautiful area, but i can't remember what it's called.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Although the weather was sub 0, there was an upside to it! Since it was so cold, we could see frost in the air! It was so beautiful to see sparkling specks dancing in the air and to see everything covered in an immaculate sheet of white.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
There were frost-laced spider webs, tiny footprints on the cobbled-stoned pavements, and a pretty garden with pretty looking shrubs.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Had such a good time photographing the garden, building and myself. :)

After that, we wandered off to the botanic gardens. It was still pretty even though alot of the trees had shed all it's leaves and everything looked slightly dead.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The small ponds had a thin sheet on ice on top. ( I know it was thin because i stepped on it. oops)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
There was also this nice lake there with ducks and swans swimming inside. It was there that bernita told me the horrible truth that she's felt like kicking the swan cos it looked so fat! Urgh! haha, i gave a nervous giggle and hoped that she was kidding.

We went to visit a some oxford colleges after that. They were all very, for lack of a better word, english.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Everything was very orderly and prim and proper. I could tell that their sense of tradition was very strong. They have beautiful colleges there with superb and old architecture. Almost all the colleges there have their own chapel. But after seeing so many of them, they all started looking a little similar.

My absolute favourite part of my trip was going to christ church college! THAT WAS WHERE HARRY POTTER WAS SHOT!!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Does the staircase look familiar? it's where tom riddle was standing, remember?! The other pictures are of the dining hall. It's huge!

I wasn't the only one going nuts over the place...other people were oohing and aahing all over the place as well!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
These are still pictures of the dining hall. There tainted glass on the walls and a big fireplace. If u look closely at the tainted glass, you might be able to see the white rabbit, and the mad hatter and other characters of 'Alice in wonderland'. I found out that the guy who wrote Alice in wonderland was a lecturer there. :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the courtyard. It was so beautiful and I remember it from the movie! I snappedso many pictures of this place. I wanted to go walk around, but the security guard wouldn't let me and said it was only for the students of the college. Bummer.

I was so overwhelmed by that place. I couldn't help myself and went to watch "harry potter and the golblet of fire" after that. teehee. The movie was amazing! I really really like it. Oh, and did u know the cinema in oxford is free seating? so u buy the tickets and whoever gets there first gets to choose where they want to sit. So it's kinda like, if you get there early, you can get good seats but you'll have to sit through all the advertisements. We got there quite late but our seats were pretty good.

Since we had time to burn after the movie (our bus ride back was only at midnight), we went to an ice cream parlour to sit down and talk.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I really enjoyed my trip there. The town is so nice and friendly. The pace of life there is slow and laid back. It was extremely relaxing to go down for the weekend and take a break from the hectic london life i've been leading.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yo babe, u look really good in both pics, with ur hair tied up and let down. nice nice, i like it! see ya!

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ting... the comment abt yr friend wanting to kick the swan is hilarious... like that is funny... i miss you...and love the frozen spider web...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home